Miscommunication

“It helps children to see that good parents can have differing opinions and that these differences can be worked out without striking, yelling, or throwing things. They need to see and feel CALM COMMUNICATION with RESPECT for each other’s viewpoints so they themselves will know how to work through differences in their own lives.”
Robert D. Hales

For the past couple of months I have really started to understand the art of communication. I have come to realize that it is very important to communicate what you are feeling with others. I have been dating someone for 5 months now, and I have had to change the way I communicate and notice how I do certain things. I loved learning about the “Symbolic Interaction Theory” in class because symbols don’t mean the same thing to others as they do to you. Our families are very different and we all grew up differently. Genders have a different language. Couples have to create a language together. Miscommunication of gestures and words can be a conflict with a couple. They have to create a language together.  

“I stress the importance of clearing up any misunderstandings…it does not matter who is right, but what is right.”

N. Eldon Tanner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 List of Things I Learned This Semester

What is gender?

Parenting Styles