What is gender?

What is gender? Back in the day, “gender” was a polite way to say “which sex are you?” The definition of gender  we grew up knowing has been altered and changed within the past couple of years. Men and women were all created differently and were given different roles. This lists some of the different skillsets that were talked about in a documentary.  

Women:
Fine motor skills
Focus on their feelings or others feelings
See things in relation to others
Attention to small details
Nurturing
Interactive
Cooperative
Able to be aware of many things at the same time
Able to read verbal & non-verbal cues

Men:
Gross motor skills
Special orientation
Competitive
Tasks
Upper body strength
Better at math
Problem solving
Startle response
Aggression
Take things at face value

No matter if you are a straight, gay or lesbian couple, I feel like each person in the couple share different qualities that make their companionship balance. It seems to be that one person will act more feminine and the other more masculine...


Ever since my brother ‘came out of the closet’, I have had a change of heart towards same-sex couples. I feel like I was so quick to judge, without even knowing them or their situation. But now I know, that was so wrong of me! You can never be so quick to judge people just by their looks or actions because you don’t know their life story. Everybody has had hard times in their life and we all react to them differently. We should all take a second to get to know a person’s background, instead of judging them right away.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 List of Things I Learned This Semester

Parenting Styles